My Utility Account


Contact Us

Gas Emergencies

TTY: 7-1-1

Customer Service

NY: 716-686-6123
PA: 814-871-8200

Or Toll Free: 1-800-365-3234

Before You Dig,
Call 811 or

NY: 1-800-962-7962
PA: 1-800-242-1776


Obtaining Service

Turn Service On or Off

  • Requesting Service at a Location without Pipeline Service
    • Call us, and a National Fuel field representative will visit the site to determine the location of our gas line and meter. He or she will take measurements for calculating cost, if any, for pipeline installation.
  • Requesting Service at a Location with Pipeline Service
    • Call us at least one week before your desired service date and we will arrange a time to come to your business, get a reading, and turn on your service. You will need to know your Tax Payer ID number. We will let you know if any additional information or documentation is needed.
  • Security Deposit
    • If you are a new non-residential customer, prior to service being established, you will be required to a pay a security deposit based on the gas consumption at the location where service is being requested.
    • If you are an existing customer, a security deposit may be required if an account has been delinquent. A deposit may also be required if National Fuel has reason to believe that the account may default in the future, if the company has filed for reorganization or liquidation through bankruptcy court, or if a bill rendered in the past twelve months was obtained through the use of tampered equipment.
  • Discontinuing Service:
    • Call us at least one week before your desired service discontinuation date. We must obtain a meter reading in order to issue a final bill. You may be responsible for the gas used until we obtain a final meter reading.

Service Line Installation / Upgrade / Gas Conversion

Landlord Program

  • National Fuel's Landlord Program is an easy way for property owners to manage gas accounts at their rental units when a tenant moves out, and guarantees uninterrupted service.
    • Upon a tenant’s request for discontinuation of service, an automatic transfer of service occurs from a tenant's name to a landlord’s name.
  • Click here for an application
    • Please note:
      • This agreement can only be changed or canceled in writing.
      • National Fuel must be contacted in writing when selling any of the listed properties.
  • If natural gas is not currently being used at your properties, consider upgrading your multi-family unit with natural gas heat and appliances.
    • You may realize higher tenant retention and increased occupancy by offering economical, efficient and clean-burning natural gas.
    • National Fuel can advise you on equipment options, make referrals and recommend a variety of natural gas solutions to save you money. Call the Energy Services Department at 800-343-4568 in NY and 800-551-5991 in PA for more information.

Saving Money with Natural Gas Equipment

  • Click here for information on how you can save money with natural gas.

Excess Flow Valve Request

Where conditions permit their use, National Fuel can install an Excess Flow Valve (EFV) on your natural gas service line (the underground line that runs from the main line to the meter).

Please click here to learn more and submit a request to have an EFV installed on your gas service line.
Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Disclosures Regarding Forward Looking Statements | Home

© 1996-2019 National Fuel Gas Company